- Get Involved
- Volunteer Stories
- Contact Us
- Donate Now
Volunteer Program Director
Position Title: Program Director
Deadline: April 20th, 2012
Start Date: May 21st, 2012
General Overview of the Position
The Program Director (PD) has overall operational responsibility for coordination of the Esperanza International (EI) Volunteer Program. The PD ensures that the program is in line with the mission, vision and values of EI through management of the Volunteer Program staff, expansion, monitoring, evaluation and execution. The PD acts as the primary interface between volunteer group leaders and FEM.
Board Administration and Support (15%)
Contribute to and support the Board of Directors.
- Advise and inform Board members of Volunteer Program activities (quarterly reports on groups, income, expenses, group forecasts)
- Serve as non-voting, ex-officio member of Volunteer Development board committee.
- Attend Board meetings as requested
- Prepare and submit to the Board of Directors reports as requested from time to time
Program Management (55%)
Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of EI Volunteer Programs.
- Collaborate with Fundación Esperanza de México (FEM) counterparts to deliver service experience programs with mutual benefit to both FEM and EI.
- Support the Esperanza Alumni Association
- Respond to group leaders on an as-needed basis outside of working hours
- Support group leaders in organizing the logistics and details to their service trip
- Record and organize information regarding service group agreement
- Book volunteer group reservations
- Maintain a calendar of volunteer reservations that can be accessed by Board Members
- Be a member of the Group Volunteer Committee
Financial Management (15%)
- Collections of amount due on monthly basis and following up on late payments and collection issues.
- Work with Revenue and Funding Committee members as needed to help prepare annual program budget.
Community and Public Relations (15%)
- Assure the Volunteer Program and the EI mission are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations—with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- Three years of experience in a team management role
- Experience with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, statistical materials, etc. with speed and accuracy, including the willingness to learn and use new computer programs/applications.
- Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration within a multi-cultural context
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Willingness to enthusiastically cooperate with board initiatives to grow program groups and share information
- Confidence in skills and abilities but willingness to ask questions, seek information, and make suggestions.
- Experience in volunteering in a group situation
- Proficient in Spanish
Desired knowledge, skills and experience
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
- Esperanza volunteer or other similar international experience
- Creative approach to problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Relevant experience with other service organizations and/or with federations/chapter development and/or recruitment and/or alumni relations
- Directly Supported by:
- Esperanza International Board of Directors
- Directly Collaborates with:
- Executive Director, Fundación Esperanza de México (FEM)
- FEM Volunteer Coordinator
- Other relevant FEM staff
- EI Accounting
- EI Fundraising
- Esperanza Alumni Association (EAA) Committee
- Directly Supports the work of:
- Volunteer Program Staff
- Volunteer Alumni Program Coordinators
Compensation, Hours and Benefits
- 20 hours per week at $23/hour
- Home office set-up including cell phone, computer and printer
- Benefits: Employer’s share of FICA and state unemployment insurance, if applicable.
Submit a resume and a cover letter highlighting qualifications to:
EI Board President